It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:14 pm

Post subject: Process Multiple Files In Folder.
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am 

Hi.

Was just wondering if it would be possible to have TC process multiple files within 1 folder as individual files/posts?

For example I have 100 video files in VIDEO folder but if I drag VIDEO folder to TC it will process that as 1 post instead of 100 posts.

In short, I would like to be able to add 1 folder to TC and have TC process the files in that folder 1 by 1 - 1 post per file - just like if I hadded 100 files manually to TC.

Post subject: Re: Process Multiple Files In Folder
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2020, 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Just open the folder and drag those 100 files. It will process them as individual files then as you want (100 posts).

Or you can setup "Folder monitoring" and just monitor that folder for new files: http://creator.themasoftware.com/faq.php?expand=faq206

All new files (as individual posts) from that folder will be processed automatically in themaCreator and you won't need to drag anything.

Post subject: Re: Process Multiple Files In Folder.
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2020, 10:35 am 

I know these ways of doing it - I do the dragging of all files now.

But I have to go into each folder - which also have subolders and drag files from each folder to have them processed 1 by 1.

Just thought I would see if it was possible to drag the main folder to TC and have files processed 1 by 1.

About monitoring - would that work by dragging the folders to the monitored folder ? or does it only monitor for new files - not folders

Post subject: Re: Process Multiple Files In Folder.
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2020, 10:55 am 
Site Admin

You don't need to open each folder.

Just open main folder -> in Windows search field enter: "kind:=video" (without quotes) -> it will filter all video files from all sub-folders. You will only see video files, you can select them all and drag then.

The monitoring won't work as you described. If monitoring detects new file -> it's processed as file, if it detects new folder -> it's processes as folder. Most people want to process folders as one post, because they can put additional files there.

Just use the Windows filter method as I described. It will work as you want.

There is even "date modified" Windows filter if needed to narrow down even more the filtered files. It's at the top tool-bar in Windows Explorer.